• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Paul May for "Checkerboard (ver 3.0)" being selected as Turning of the Week for March 25, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Seeking alternate jaws for Vicmarc chucks

I use Vicmarc 100 and 120 chucks, and would love to get some larger jaws for my VM120. My current set runs from 2-3.5" interior diameter and that's a good basic workhorse size, but I'd love some larger and deeper jaws for coring and the large work I often do. A large set of step jaws in particular would be of interest. If you've got jaw sets for either chuck size that you'd like to sell, let's talk.
Kalia in Sebastopol, CA

HI, I recently bought a lot of woodturning stuff and there were a few pairs of vicmarc jaws, but no chucks. The largest jaws have a 4" interior diameter when closed. the other two sets are 2" and 3" I think.

Attachments

• IMG_4999.jpeg
    IMG_4999.jpeg
    413.3 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_5002.jpeg
    IMG_5002.jpeg
    504.5 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_5004.jpeg
    IMG_5004.jpeg
    369.7 KB · Views: 15
HI, I recently bought a lot of woodturning stuff and there were a few pairs of vicmarc jaws, but no chucks. The largest jaws have a 4" interior diameter when closed. the other two sets are 2" and 3" I think.
If you look at the underside of the jaws there's a slightly protruding ring that slots into the chuck body. On the VM120, the inside diameter of that ring is 2-1/8". The inside diameter of the ring for the VM100 chuck is 1-1/4". Once you know which body the jaws are designed for, let me know. If those 4" jaws will fit my VM120, I'd be interested.
KK
VM120 chuck jaws resized.jpg

If these are still available please PM me please.

Back