• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Paul May for "Checkerboard (ver 3.0)" being selected as Turning of the Week for March 25, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Shane Bennich

Hello. I'm from a small community in Alabama called Ballplay. Legend has it that Native Americans would meet here and......"Play Ball"!

I have been turning for about 4 years now and will post some pics of my work.....no pointing and laughing. I currently turn on a Rikon 70-220VSR but just ordered a Harvey T-60S. The Harvey is not set to ship until Jan 25 2022 and that makes me a little sad. I thought by the time I was 50 I would be mature enough for delayed gratification but it turns out I was very wrong.

I have a Woodmizer L40 Hydraulic, a Logosol F2, an Alaskan mill for huge slabs, and my version of the Virginia Tech solar kiln......so milling is definatly a passion of mine. Something about opening up logs to see what's inside that excites me plus taking care of the wood after milling is enjoyable as well.

I'm looking forward to seeing some great work from folks that have a true talent and experience. Hopefully, I will pick up many tips and inspiration from everyone. I listed all the things I do with wood so everyone can reach out to me for questions related to any of that.

SB3.jpg SB5.jpg SB4.jpg B10.jpg IMG_0414[1].JPG IMG_0930[1].JPG

Bill Boehme

Administrator
Staff member
Beta Tester
TOTW Team
Website
pbase.com
Welcome to the forum, Shane. It looks like getting beautiful wood is not much of a problem for you. I think that being able to live with delayed gratification normally occurs around age 100, but for woodturners that might be delayed another fifty years.

Back