• We just finished moving the forums to a new hosting server. It looks like everything is functioning correctly but if you find a problem please report it in the Forum Technical Support Forum (click here) or email us at forum_moderator AT aawforum.org. Thanks!
  • Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Dave Roberts for "2 Hats" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 22, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Sinner Tool Rests

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am selling two lightly used Sinner rests, 1 @ 12" and 1 @ 9". I can no longer get my arthritic fingers wrapped around them for spindle work. Both were used on my 25" diameter lathe with a 1" tool post banjo. New cost is $185 for both. I will sell these for $140 plus $12 shipping.

Located in Chicago area.

IMG_0944.jpegIMG_0945.jpeg

Last edited:

Bill Boehme

Administrator
Staff member
Beta Tester
TOTW Team
Website
pbase.com
For anybody unfamiliar with the Steve Sinner tool rests, I think they are the greatest invention since sliced bread. I have had the nine-inch rest for about twelve years and it is my go-to rest for almost everything, but it is especially great for shear cutting, shear scraping, pull cuts with the gouge handle dropped really low, and turning beads when using the D-Way beading tools.

Would these be comparable to the robust line of rests?
I'd say that they are very similar in that they are both heavy duty and both use the same size round bar on top. The biggest difference for me is the attachment point on the Sinner blocks my arthritic fingers from wrapping around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back