• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Paul May for "Checkerboard (ver 3.0)" being selected as Turning of the Week for March 25, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Sorby 1/2" bowl gouge (5/8" in "American" size)

Status
Not open for further replies.
1/2" Sorby HSS bowl gouge -- this is equivalent to a 5/8" D-Way in size (Europeans measure the flute, not the bar). There's some light Sharpie on handle -- we had this in the Studio, but it didn't get used much since we've switched to tools with removeable handles. Currently sharpened at 55 degrees for roughing bowls efficiently. Needs to ship First Class due to length of the tool, from the West Coast. $75+shipping

Sorby 5-8ths BARN Rdx.jpgSorby 5-8ths Mark.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Jamie,
Is that the correct pic? Pic says 1/2".
You're correct, I saw the mm but not the "inch" label. I will say, though, that it's the same size as D-Way 5/8" -- I seem to remember that the Europeans use a different scale for how they mark their tools -- flute size vs. bar size. Confusing. I will change the title and put in verbiage that explains the size. Thanks.

Yes, it's still available. I've learned more about shipping things like this, let me go home (tonight West Coast time) and see whether it will fit in a legal size Flat Rate envelope.

Craig, I'm giving Chris first shot (having missed his request earlier). If we don't hear by Wednesday, I'll get in touch with you. Shipping is between $10.25 and $11.60 (retail ground vs. Priority Mail). It will be Friday before I can ship it, most likely.
Sounds good.
Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back