• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Peter Jacobson for "Red Winged Burl Bowl" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 29, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

spam controls working

Website
www.woodturner.org
Our recent changes to control SPAM on this forum are working. I can't recall seeing a single SPAM get to the forum in the past 2 weeks.

One new policy is that all new member registrations are reviewed, and each one must be explicitly approved. For brand new members, that means they register on the forum, then they must get approved before they can do their first reply to a message (or create their first thread). The approval gets sent in an email.

For the moderators, that means daily activity to review and approve new members. There is also a review process for all new threads on the the want-ads subforum. Most of this moderation and approval is currently being done by Steve Worcester and Ken Grunke. Thanks to them for this daily filtering!

If any new legitimate member is unable to access the forum to do a post or a reply please email me or Steve. My email is jjilg@sbcglobal.net

I am still spending my AAW time on getting the new shopping cart and symposium registration accomplished, with a target of Oct 31 for both of them. The symposium registration feature should be done by then, but we'll probably make it available in January.

Website
www.zionfire.com
Whattaguy! Thanks for the extra efforts. Really!!

Can't tell you how good that makes me feel, being reasonably sure that there will be another place where I'm safe from the stupid, annoying, or offensive stuff that so often comes via the other s word! There are many who don't understand the offense, but it's real, I assure you.

Heck, I get annoyed at not being able to get things to work. I don't need to get annoyed by unsolicited offers that are not wood related!
:p

Back