• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Keven Jesequel for "Big Leaf Maple" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 15, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Spike Cornelius

Greetings and salutations from beautiful Oregon City, Oregon. I am an old retired sort, I have been turning with an old shopsmith since the mid 80’s mostly off and on. I’ve made tool handles, salt cellars, incense bowls, and assorted household accouterments. A couple of ye ago we moved into out present abode and I had to move my wood shop into a small shed, the space is too small to afford a proper lathe with the other tools that I use for various projects so I make do with what I have. Now I am mostly turning bowls.
Best regards, Spike
P.S., I have a belt sander, planer, bandsaw, and scroll saw that go on the shopsmith!
P.P.S., also a speed reducer and cast iron tool rest

Attachments

• 4471B774-D7B7-44C8-B07D-05B338ECE3B5.jpeg
    4471B774-D7B7-44C8-B07D-05B338ECE3B5.jpeg
    510.9 KB · Views: 19
  • D94A4FAE-672F-4ABC-96D5-1B66F39ED30F.jpeg
    D94A4FAE-672F-4ABC-96D5-1B66F39ED30F.jpeg
    435.1 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:

Bill Boehme

Administrator
Staff member
Beta Tester
TOTW Team
Website
pbase.com
Welcome aboard, Spike. At least your shop isn't as crowded as mine. My shop is too crowded to do any turning so I use the adjoining Great Outdoors when turning. The Great Outdoors is great, but the roof leaks.

Welcome. Spent some time in OR- Portland to Bend. Beautiful. My shop is so small, I have to go into the basement to change my mind.

Welcome aboard, Spike. At least your shop isn't as crowded as mine. My shop is too crowded to do any turning so I use the adjoining Great Outdoors when turning. The Great Outdoors is great, but the roof leaks.
Thanks Bill! I have to do some stuff outside as well, but at least the tailed demon is indoors!

Welcome. Spent some time in OR- Portland to Bend. Beautiful. My shop is so small, I have to go into the basement to change my mind.
Thanks John! I moved here from Portland, at least that house had a big basement! The place we have now is on 5 acres of forest, beautiful but bugs and the forest wants its land back!
Best, Spike

Back