• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Peter Jacobson for "Red Winged Burl Bowl" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 29, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Steve Morphew

Hi everyone I have had a lathe for almost 3 years. Picked up a old craftsman lathe with some other wood tools. Vibrated really, really bad! Didn't do a lot with it but it had some cheap tools with so I played around with it. Soon after that a guy at church wanted to sell me his jet 1442vs. So that made me the 4th owner. Since I've had it I replaced all the bearings and split pulleys (since one was cracked) hard finding pulley halfs. Hobbies would be wood turning and last winter I started wood carving. Something to do in the winter, shop heater is a space heater. I haven't done a lot of turning yet. One of the first things I did was buy carbide inserts and make home made bars and handles. IMG_20170715_2101136_rewind.jpgwalnut handleIMG_20170714_1024535_rewind.jpgoak handle

Back