• We just finished moving the forums to a new hosting server. It looks like everything is functioning correctly but if you find a problem please report it in the Forum Technical Support Forum (click here) or email us at forum_moderator AT aawforum.org. Thanks!
  • Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Dave Roberts for "2 Hats" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 22, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Symposium Demo Grid

For the second year in a row I am struggling with the demo grid. I like to lay out my plan for the symposium on a copy of the demo grid. As was the case last year, I am guessing due to settings on my computer, the grid prints on less than the full sheet with my printer. I can "blow it up" using the zoom button but it still prints out roughly 4.5" X 8.5".

Can someone with more computer savvy than myself give me an idea on how to do this so that it prints out on a full page of 8.5X11?

Thanks,
Clayton

Clayton,

The answer will depend on what browser and printer you use. In most cases, there is a way to scale a pdf to "fit-the-page" or "print to available area" or some other terminology that instructs your printer to fill one page in landscape mode.

In case that doesn't work, I've converted the grid pdf to a high-res image file, located here: http://www.woodturner.org/sym/sym2009/GridPost.jpg. It's about one MB in size, so give the file a minute to load. Again, depending on what browser you are using, you should be able to right-click on the image and "Save Picture As" or some similar terminology. Once you have the image saved to your hard drive, you should be able to print it off to fill exactly one page, if your printer is set for landscape printing. I just printed the image file and it came out perfect, but you'll need a magnifying glass :)

Last edited:

hockenbery

Forum MVP
Beta Tester
TOTW Team
Website
www.hockenberywoodturning.com
3 page grid

Hi Clayton,

Maybe this will work for you.

NOTE: It does not include

Thursday Night talk Which you won't want to miss
or
Special Interest night sessions

-Al

Attachments

• 3 day grid.pdf
    27 KB · Views: 14
Thanks!!

Thank you Al and Ed. Both methods worked. I will start planning my symposium experience tonight.

I knew that someone would have a way to get it done.

Thanks Again!!!!
Clayton

Back