• We just finished moving the forums to a new hosting server. It looks like everything is functioning correctly but if you find a problem please report it in the Forum Technical Support Forum (click here) or email us at forum_moderator AT aawforum.org. Thanks!
  • Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Dave Roberts for "2 Hats" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 22, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Thomas Hohl

A1577620-C6E6-4D40-8107-026A68BD1D8F.jpeg 855C65D4-8CC0-4D08-B5D8-A29CD6E02D96.jpeg B8E121FD-F5B7-4AD4-A2D9-4090CF310BDA.jpeg I have been a member for many years but have not posting anything. I belong to th Wow site and have posted quite a bit there although not recently. I have been turning wood since 1995 but had done a good bit of woodworking prior to that with my biggest project building a 16 ft. Wooden sailboat which I sailed in lake Washington near where I live in the Seattle area. I retired from being an Oral surgeon and have always enjoyed using my hands to create projects. My shop is crammed into a one car garage which is pretty crowded. I have a Oneway lathe 2436 as well as a 20” bandsaw , festoon chop saw , jet belt sander and jet disk sander. I have done many traditional lathe work pieces ,such as bowls ,boxes , rolling pins etc. etc. I have started doing segmented pieces which are like Tibetan prayer wheels that are hollow with a lid and a ball bearing base so that it spins and sends the prayers out to the world. Several of these pieces are in a show in Hilo Hawaii. I will try to put some pictures on this site if I can figure it out. My computer skills are not terrific.

Back