• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Peter Jacobson for "Red Winged Burl Bowl" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 29, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Tim Reiter

I've turned for about 25 years at a beginning level but lately have glimpsed the freedom of creating without restraint. I am "somewhat retired" and offer encouragement to a group of amateur boat building enthusiasts as they build my i550 sailboat design. Other work involves furniture for clients in the style of the Greene brothers early 20th century period.

Gerald, I have such a long way to go to achieve some semblance of mastery of turning. I am learning about thin wall turning of green aspen. I do wear face shield and other protective stuff but am hoping to find some hockey goalie equipment. < ; )
Thank you for the welcome.

Gerald, I have such a long way to go to achieve some semblance of mastery of turning. I am learning about thin wall turning of green aspen. I do wear face shield and other protective stuff but am hoping to find some hockey goalie equipment. < ; )
Thank you for the welcome.

Got you covered on that next month we have a Zoom meeting and Our best and a guy who is demonstrating nationally will turn a thin bowl and pierce. It will be a first come basis demo.

Back