• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Peter Jacobson for "Red Winged Burl Bowl" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 29, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Todd Trebuna

Good morning all.
I live in Kentucky after moving here from California(Where I was born and raised) in 2005. I am a Hobbbyist Woodturner. I got turned onto turning by accident in 2011, when I found a HF 34706 on Craigslist for 75 dollars. It gave up the goat 15 months ago and I’ve been saving pennies for the past 15 months, to buy a Nova 1624, which was delivered, installed and put to use last week. I generally produce large furniture for friends and family. But, the thing I love to do the most though is turn. I got started making pens and that’s been very enjoyable for many years. I am looking to get into segmented turning and make some larger pieces now though. My shop is a garage which actually functions as a garage most of the time, so no pictures at the moment.
See you around, thanks for the Welcome.

Thanks Bill. I’m fortunate in that my wife is wonderfully accommodating. She lets me keep the garage and in return, I drive her to work and back every day (we work together) and I do the grocery shopping and most of the cooking.Seems like a good trade.

hockenbery

Forum MVP
Beta Tester
TOTW Team
Website
www.hockenberywoodturning.com
Welcome,
If you haven’t done so already, consider hooking up with a local AAW chapter.

the AAW symposium is in Louisville - Jun 4-7. You should not miss it!
You may be close enough to sleep at home.
The demonstrations are amazing, the trade show has more toys than Santa’s workshop, and the instant gallery and exhibitions will flood your mind with ideas. Sensory overload a dozen times over.

it is absolutely overwhelming - the greatest woodturning event on earth .....

you can also donate a bowl to “ empty bowls” and make a box to give to ”beads of courage”

hope to see you there
https://woodturner.org/Woodturner/E...spx?hkey=ab43eb3b-d5fa-47e9-9660-f1012f09eb01

Welcome. Go to the symposium. Worth the money plus you can stay at home. Lived in Louisville when I went to the Baptist seminary. Mark your "To Do" list and visit the Hillerich & Bradsby plant where Louisville Slugger bats are made. It's just west of the downtown area. Also, go up Bardstown Road and eat at Skyline Chili- something totally different that what you are used to! Oh yes, if you cross the Ohio River on I-65, the DOT takes a photo of your license plate and sends you a bill for $8.XX for the use of about three miles of road. Cross to IN on the old bridge. Lots to see in the Louisville area. Lived in KY for a total of 8 years. PM and I can send a list of things to do within three hours of su casa.

Welcome. Go to the symposium. Worth the money plus you can stay at home. Lived in Louisville when I went to the Baptist seminary. Mark your "To Do" list and visit the Hillerich & Bradsby plant where Louisville Slugger bats are made. It's just west of the downtown area. Also, go up Bardstown Road and eat at Skyline Chili- something totally different that what you are used to! Oh yes, if you cross the Ohio River on I-65, the DOT takes a photo of your license plate and sends you a bill for $8.XX for the use of about three miles of road. Cross to IN on the old bridge. Lots to see in the Louisville area. Lived in KY for a total of 8 years. PM and I can send a list of things to do within three hours of su casa.
That's great John. Many of my friends are Southern graduates. Thank you for the offer, I've been here a couple of minutes(14 years) so I pretty much have a handle on available activities. :) I'm also well acquainted with Bridge tolls. LOL.
All my best,

Back