• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Paul May for "Checkerboard (ver 3.0)" being selected as Turning of the Week for March 25, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Tom Johnson

Hi .... I'm excited to have found this community! I started watching my Dad turn lamps and bowls when I was a squirt. Now, at 74, I've done a lot of turning .... mostly spindles and table legs because I was a full-time refinisher/restorer for a long time, but turning bowls is my meditation. I have an old American Machinery lathe that I modified to use a 220 volt DC motor so I have variable speed and reverse. Still, it has its limitations. I also have a little Jet for small projects. And now - I am moving - downsizing - I have moved in with my girlfriend and the shop will be tiny ... SO. I have to get rid of lots of wood and blanks. I have a large collection of "exotic" twood that I have colected on my travels and way too many bowl blanks. Not sure how to go about selling off this stuff. I also have a really great display stand that I used to use to sell my pieces ... that has to go too. Some pics? Glad to be here :)

Attachments

• IMG_1768.jpeg
    IMG_1768.jpeg
    334.9 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_1778.jpeg
    IMG_1778.jpeg
    316.3 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_1776.jpeg
    IMG_1776.jpeg
    294.2 KB · Views: 11
Back