• We just finished moving the forums to a new hosting server. It looks like everything is functioning correctly but if you find a problem please report it in the Forum Technical Support Forum (click here) or email us at forum_moderator AT aawforum.org. Thanks!
  • Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Dave Roberts for "2 Hats" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 22, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Tom Kraus

Hi everyone, name is Tom Kraus, I am 60 years old and live on Long Lake, just above Spokane, WA. I have had a wood shop at my residence for over 30 years. I have many wood related interests, (just like to make shavings and dust!). I have made many items in a wide range of topics, from small ornaments to large cabinets and furniture. I have been turning for quite some time, making ornaments, bowls, yarn bowls. Looking to take turning to the next step and design some different, as well as more difficult items, would like to get into mixed media as well, (wood and epoxy). Glad to be here!! I also have many interests not wood related...Fishing is a big one, sports memorabilia. Blessings to you all!

Hi Aaron....yes, a BIG smallie. State record is 8.75, she is 8.3....Like Don Adams as agent 86...."missed it by that much!"
Springtime these things are ravenous! Many different fly patterns will bring on a bite.

Cool, sometimes when I don't have time to get up to my beloved North Carolina mountains, I fish a couple of local rivers, mainly for spotted bass and the occasional small-jaws, though I've never caught one even remotely that big! My theory is that they hit flies so easily around here because nobody else fishes for bass with flies that I've seen.

Back