• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Jim Hills for "Journey II" being selected as Turning of the Week for May 6th, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Tony Logue

Hi Tony and welcome to the AAW forum. You will really it here and all the turners are willing to help you any way they can. What kind of lathe did you get? And yes, I'm sure you will enjoy turning as much as I do!

Bill Boehme

Administrator
Staff member
Beta Tester
TOTW Team
Website
pbase.com
Welcome to the AAW forum, @Tony Logue. Woodturning is a very addictive hobby. I think it's the almost instant gratification of putting a hunk of wood on the lathe and seeing the results materialize before your eyes. Do you do any other type of woodworking?

BTW, I changed the thread title to your name to make your introduction more searchable.

Thanks.

Yes I’ve done general woodworking over the years.

Frames, shelves, and little household projects. Recently built a custom pedal board for my guitar effects.

Love what appears to be the more artistic quality of turning.

Do graphic design work as one of my primary side hustles.

Thanks for the thread change. Didn’t think of that.

john lucas

AAW Forum Expert
Welcome to the site. One of our more famous turners started out as a graphic designer. Simon Levi got into turning and because he had developed such a good eye for design his turnings just took off and he's doing very well selling them in the high end market. I just looked. There is a turning club in Springfield which isn't too far from you. A large club is in St. Loius.

Back