• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Keven Jesequel for "Big Leaf Maple" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 15, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Turning of the Week for July 26, 2021

Emiliano Achaval

Administrator
Staff member
Beta Tester
TOTW Team
Website
hawaiiankoaturner.com
This week's turning of the week goes to Nature's Memento: Milkweed by the talented Linda Ferber. I have enjoyed watching Linda's evolution as an artist since her well-deserved retirement from the AAW main office. Her "Nature's Memento: Milkweed" piece combines several elements that all come together ideally. Turning, carving, coloring, metal. I was a bit biased since I have a Crown flower plant right by my bedroom's window. The plant is the favorite of Monarch butterflies and was Queen Liliuokalani's best-loved flower lei.

Congratulations to Linda, and thank you for taking all of us on her journey by sharing her work here and on other social media.

NaturesMomento_milkweed.jpg

Donna Banfield

TOTW Team
Congratulations, Linda! Your work has taken great leaps in creativity and artistry since retirement. Making that decision was a very good one on so many levels. Keep stretching your creative muscles.

Congratulations, Linda! Your work has taken great leaps in creativity and artistry since retirement. Making that decision was a very good one on so many levels. Keep stretching your creative muscles.
Thank you Donna, it was a difficult decision leaving a job I loved. However creating a new existence with new experiences has been rewarding.

Back