• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Paul May for "Checkerboard (ver 3.0)" being selected as Turning of the Week for March 25, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Trend Stealth Air Mask Strap Replacement

Randy Anderson

Beta Tester
Beta Tester
Website
www.etsy.com
I have a Trend Stealth air mask and the strap, after a lot of use, is getting worn out and losing elasticity. I searched online but could not find a way to purchase a replacement. I sent an email to the mfg and the next day got a reply asking for my address so they could send a replacement. Assuming it arrives as promised it's nice to get good customer service these days.

Randy Anderson

Beta Tester
Beta Tester
Website
www.etsy.com
I don't have the fan powered / face shield model. I have the N100 strap on face mask model. The higher end one work well for you guys? It's not cheap!

I removed the face shield protector. "I can see clearly now". The weight of the helmet is noticeable but bearable. If I have it on for several hours I notice some sore neck muscles the next day. Probably would get used to if I used it every day. It sure is nice when doing a lot of sanding on my belt /disc sander. It does a good job keeping chips out of the face while turning. You are correct, it was very pricey. I pondered a long time before jumping in.

Phil

Back