• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Jim Hills for "Journey II" being selected as Turning of the Week for May 6th, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Turners Gathering in Pensacola next February

Hello all, I'm announcing a gathering in February here at my place near Pensacola. Here's the outline.

Woodturning demos and techniques then hands on instructions from the demonstrators.
Scheduled for February, Friday the 16th and Saturday the 17th.
Early birds, vendors and demonstrators come in and set up on Thursday the 15th.
Plenty of room for camping, tents and RVs. Many motels, restaurants and fast food places nearby.

Attractions;
Hands on woodturning, beginners to advanced.
Schedule to be posted.
Instant gallery
Vendor tables
Wood auction
Turned Item exchange
Dinner on the grounds Friday and Saturday nights
Gospel/bluegrass/country band on stage, Saturday evening
Large bonfire/social every evening.
Quilting Bee, (those interested contact Sue at craftyfox@mchsi.com.)

Cost, Free but will be accepting donations to cover the cost of the event.
All profits above expenses to be given to the American Cancer Society

Need demonstrators, helpers, vendors and attendees.

Looking forward to seeing you all in February.
Best Regards
OB n Sue

Last edited:
Hi O B, sounds good to me. We have a 30' 5er with one slide and a small inside dog that travels with us. Will that be a problem? We're all three seasoned travelers so we know the dog rules.
We would plan on coming in Thursday and bring some wood. Don't demo but are willing to help any way we can.

Bill & Sandy Hunt
Waynesboro, MS

Gathering in Feb

Great Bill; Yes theres plenty of room and the little dog is also very welcome. Just keep him on a leash as we have free roam peacocks and cats. Will need some help setting up tables and stuff on thursday. Email me closer to feb and I'll send you some directions. Looking forward to seeing you in Feb.
Cya
OB

Bill,

Sounds like fun, and only a short drive for me compared to most events it seems. Plus I can stay with my in-laws in Milton and make good points for visiting with them but have an excuse to leave most of the day :cool2:

I'll pass this on to the guys and gals in the Emerald Coast Woodturning bunch at the next meeting. Let me know if I can be of any help as we get closer.

Ray

Woodwish, I've got a dear friend who lives in Lynn Haven. In fact my wife just bought his wife's car and took them back to LH on wed.
His name is Grady Broxton, do you by chance know him? Looking forward to meeting you folks.

Bill Hunt

Back