• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Paul May for "Checkerboard (ver 3.0)" being selected as Turning of the Week for March 25, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Rick Jude

Hello everyone. I'm really impressed with this lively Forum.
I have been turning for about six months or so. Harvey T40 in what used to be my garage. Now, it's mostly a pile of shavings.

I turn bowls and boxes and have joined the Woodturners of Olympia but haven't attended any meetings yet. Pandemic and all...

I have learned a lot from Youtube, a few books and just about anything I can get my hands on.

I also really like seeing all the beautiful turnings on the forum here.

Let's IMG_5310.JPGIMG_5298.JPGhang on and see where this thing takes us.

We just moved from Hoodsport (up by lake kokanee). Nice work; that is a good group to be involved with. Lot's of big leaf maple around there with great figure and color.

We just moved from Hoodsport (up by lake kokanee). Nice work; that is a good group to be involved with. Lot's of big leaf maple around there with great figure and color.
Always open to new wood sources. Any input would be appreciated. Did you move closer to Olympia or farther away?

Back