• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Keven Jesequel for "Big Leaf Maple" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 15, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Turning of the Week for February 6th, 2022

Tom Gall

TOTW Team
My choice for Turning of the Week for February 6th, 2022 is Lisa’s Urn” by Russ Braun.

This beautiful, colorful, and the very creative piece is a “work of art”, albeit a highly unusual form for a cremation urn. Russ’s explanation of how this piece came together - as it relates to his beloved sister’s life and personality was very touching. A fitting tribute and a perfect final resting place. Well done, Russ.

full

Wow what an amazing piece! Anyone who has ever glued small pieces of wood together know how difficult a glue up this must have been. Not only the gluing but the multiple stages it took to get the whole piece together. Take a bow my friend… you are an expert turner and woodcrafter!

My choice for Turning of the Week for February 6th, 2022 is Lisa’s Urn” by Russ Braun.

This beautiful, colorful, and the very creative piece is a “work of art”, albeit a highly unusual form for a cremation urn. Russ’s explanation of how this piece came together - as it relates to his beloved sister’s life and personality was very touching. A fitting tribute and a perfect final resting place. Well done, Russ.

full
Beautiful piece, even my wife said, Wow, make that! I'll print her the picture.......

Back