• We just finished moving the forums to a new hosting server. It looks like everything is functioning correctly but if you find a problem please report it in the Forum Technical Support Forum (click here) or email us at forum_moderator AT aawforum.org. Thanks!
  • Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Dave Roberts for "2 Hats" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 22, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Turning of the Week for January 24, 2022

Bill Boehme

Administrator
Staff member
Beta Tester
TOTW Team
Website
pbase.com
This week's TOTW award goes to William Rogers for his beautifully made Outback Hat. I'll echo what Emiliano said last week, "I'm impressed by the quality of work put out by our family members." I was mulling over several finalists when William's Outback Hat suddenly appeared Saturday afternoon. Well, that settled that decision. I've had a special affinity towards turned wooden hats ever since Johannes Michelsen turned a wooden hat for me at SWAT ten years ago. It was a quid pro quo deal, I got a hat in exchange for loaning him my new Robust American Beauty to do his demo. I think that I got the better part of that deal -- the hat AND the lathe. One of these days I might even be brave enough to try turning a hat.

full

Back