• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Keven Jesequel for "Big Leaf Maple" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 15, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

used lathe

Hi everyone, I'm a relatively new member and have been turning since Feb. After attending the AAW Symposium in Chattanooga last month, I've decided to set up a small workshop in my garage. The first order of business is to purchase a 'used lathe' that still has plenty of turning to it. If anyone in WNC or close proximity SC, TN, GA has something in the midi class or a really fantastic deal on a full size lathe, please reach out to me. If it comes with tools, accessories etc. all the better but not necessary. nappel@hotmail.com. Thanks.

I second what Peter suggested. People think about selling stuff for a long time before they pull the trigger. Somewhere in your neck of the woods is a turner who is right this minute considering sell exactly the lathe you are looking for. Let him know you're in the market by contacting clubs and maybe putting a notice in their newsletter or classifieds. I predict you'll get more responses than you want.

You can also post an ad on CraigsList that you are looking for a wood lathe.
Check on Facebook Marketplace, you can find a few deals on that site in your area also.

Back