• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Paul May for "Checkerboard (ver 3.0)" being selected as Turning of the Week for March 25, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Website domain name for sale?

I was in the Chattanooga area the past few days for a baseball tournament. I remember attending a chapter meeting, Tri-State Woodturners, a while back near Harrison, TN. I did a search for the chapter on the AAW website but the link to the chapter didn't work- domain name was for sale. Can't find any info in my archives and business cards. Is the chapter still active or have they changed their website? I would appreciate an answer through this thread. Thanks.

I was in the Chattanooga area the past few days for a baseball tournament. I remember attending a chapter meeting, Tri-State Woodturners, a while back near Harrison, TN. I did a search for the chapter on the AAW website but the link to the chapter didn't work- domain name was for sale. Can't find any info in my archives and business cards. Is the chapter still active or have they changed their website? I would appreciate an answer through this thread. Thanks.

John,
If their website is toast, you might try contacting their leader as listed on the AAW Chapter search page:

Charles Jennings
11730 Cliff Mill Road
Soddy-Daisy, TN 37379
Phone: (423) 451-0470
Email: cwjwoodturner@epbfi.com

john lucas

AAW Forum Expert
The group is still active. I just did a demo for them a few weeks ago. Charles is still a good member to contact. I think he's the demo coordinator now. If you can't find a phone number send me an e-mail and I'll look it up. I have it either in my calendar of phone.

Thanks to all! Will get in touch with Charles. Need to get some help beyond the basics. John, wish I had known about the demo- would have like to seen you again and learned some new things.

Back