• We just finished moving the forums to a new hosting server. It looks like everything is functioning correctly but if you find a problem please report it in the Forum Technical Support Forum (click here) or email us at forum_moderator AT aawforum.org. Thanks!
  • Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Dave Roberts for "2 Hats" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 22, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Why are there two galleries?

I was just looking at the last email from AAW, with the newest Turnings of the Week. All 3 of them were selected from the coming Symposium Instant Gallery, which is a special event and not typical. In previous emails, many if not most of the Turnings of the Week have come from the Maker Photo Gallery. I am curious why we have two different galleries, the Forum Gallery and Maker Gallery. Seems inefficient to force us to look at two different sites to see our members' current work. I rarely think to look at the Maker Gallery, and when I do, I am immediately disappointed; it is cumbersome to use, since each page holds so few images and you must reload so frequently.

odie

TOTW Team
Panning for Montana gold, with Betsy, the mule!
Hello Michael....... @Michael Nathal

The AAW forum, and forum gallery are open to non AAW members. I suspect it's because the forum activities are beneficial in adding to the AAW membership roles.

Although I recently renewed my AAW membership, I'm not a continuous member. I still participate in the forums and forum gallery on a continuous basis.

-----odie-----

Back