• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Peter Jacobson for "Red Winged Burl Bowl" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 29, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

wolverine jig

I am looking to get a wolverine sharpening jig and need to know who has
the best price going now. Woodcraft's sale is gone off.
Thanks, Byron

I haven't looked today but I do know a friend bought one from Rockler a while back. You might check. Also if you want you might check Ebay.

I waited for one of Rockler's "25% off any 1 item cupons" (issued a couple times a year) to get mine.

bconst said:
I am looking to get a wolverine sharpening jig and need to know who has
the best price going now. Woodcraft's sale is gone off.
Thanks, Byron

my question is why do you want a wolverine? It is a good system no doubt but not necessarily the right system for you? Unless you have a specific reason for wanting it I would suggestion take a look at some other options.

First is the PSI version which gives you everying you get in the wolverine package for a much lower price. I have used it and would have bought it had it been available for $99 you get the varigrind and the skew tool

Seondly there are a number of free plans available to make the sliding base which work very well with most grinders on the market and the varigrind jigs.

Thirdly there are a number of superior sharpening systems you can make for less money. See david Reed Smiths site for instructions.

Seondly there are a number of free plans available to make the sliding base which work very well with most grinders on the market and the varigrind jigs.

Thirdly there are a number of superior sharpening systems you can make for less money. See david Reed Smiths site for instructions.[/QUOTE]

Do you know a URL for these?

Stan

whitefence said:

Thirdly there are a number of superior sharpening systems you can make for less money. See david Reed Smiths site for instructions.

Do you know a URL for these?

Stan[/QUOTE]
search this and the other forums for the sliding bases, this is where I have seen most of them. David's site is http://www.davidreedsmith.com

Back