• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Keven Jesequel for "Big Leaf Maple" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 15, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Woodturning Classes

I am an old woodworker but interested in turning. My wife and I will be in Southern Ca (Inland Valley area) for a month during April and May and I would like to find a woodturners course I could attend. This would give me an opportunity to discover just how interested I am in turning, what I would like in the lathe I would purchase and basic skills in turning, tool selection and sharpening. Any help would be appreciated. Ron B

Ron, try these online resources:

- AAW Events Calendar - look for regional symposiums and other woodturning events

- AAW Professional Outreach Program's (POP) Teacher Directory - use this searchable database to find a woodturning teacher in your area.

- Find an AAW local chapter near where you'll be staying or close to your home, and attend their meetings.

- Join AAW and get discounts on professional woodturning classes at Marc Adams School of Woodturning and Anderson Ranch Arts Center

- Have a look over this comprehensive lists of woodturning schools.

- Check out this file that lists all the specs on most woodturning lathes currently available on the market.

Last edited:
Back