• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Paul May for "Checkerboard (ver 3.0)" being selected as Turning of the Week for March 25, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

WTB: 4 3/4" PRECISION MACHINE SCREW CENTER FACEPLATE.

odie

TOTW Team
Panning for Montana gold, with Betsy, the mule!
Precision Machine 4 3/4" screw center faceplates were available from CSUSA about 10-25 years ago, and have been discontinued. I have two of these faceplates, and wish to purchase another one or two of them with a 1 1/4" x 8tpi adapter. I know this is a "shot in the dark", but if you have one of these faceplates you'd like to sell, let me know.

Please do not reply to this thread, unless you have one of these, or know where one is.......thank you.
(Please note that I'm only interested in this particular Precision Machine faceplate......not a substitute. Thanks :D)

-----odie-----
index.php

index.php

Last edited:

odie

TOTW Team
Oldie, what makes these special?

All steel, and high level of tolerance......and besides, I have a couple of these already, so it allows me a little more flexibility in the rotation! :D

-----odie-----

odie

TOTW Team
Still looking?

Hi Bill.......yep, I'd like to have another one of these. If it's ok with you, I'll just let this appeal run forever......or, until someone responds.

Bump to the top.......again.

-----odie-----

RichColvin

Super Moderator
Staff member
OTI Member
Website
www.colvintools.com
Odie,

Have you considered getting them made at a local machine shop?

Rich

odie

TOTW Team
Hello @RichColvin and @guy laizure

Please do not reply to this thread, unless you have one of these, or know where one is.......thank you.

We have gone over these questions and considerations in a previous thread that was discontinued, because others continued to offer me alternative options.....The 4 3/4" Precision machine version is what I want. It's been discontinued, but I'm hoping that eventually someone who has one they're not using, will sell it to me.

Have you considered getting them made at a local machine shop?
Rich.....Yes, I have considered that option......thanks.

Woodturners catalog has the 3 inch in stock
Guy...... I have seven of the 3" versions. I know where to get them, if I want more......thanks.

I really do appreciate all the effort to help me out with alternatives, but I know what I want.....thank you. :)

Sincerely,
-----odie-----

Last edited:
Back