• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Paul May for "Checkerboard (ver 3.0)" being selected as Turning of the Week for March 25, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

WTB - Any SB Tools twist lock tools

Just kind of fell off the deep end into the Stuart Batty tools twist lock setup, but the general tool supply is gone. I’m good in bolsters, inserts, but short on anything that Woodworkers Emporium is out of. Interested in scrapers, skews, as well as any handles you’re not using. Will absolutely be interested in total lots as well.

Please contact me at Aaron.cheateaux@gmail.com so I don’t miss a reply.

Hey Ricc, thanks for the note. I hadn’t seen those yet, and it says they’re compatible with the older SB line.

I was/am specifically interested in some of the specialty scrapers and tools already fitted with bolsters.

Woodworkers Emporium while ‘closed’ still has a number of bolsters and collars for gouges.

Website
www.hodgepodgeww.com
Aaron I recently jumped ship to Stuart's modular handles and heard of Woodworkers Emporium closing and picked up quite a few bolsters, handles, etc. I was sad to see a lot of the tools were sold out already. Good new is coming though. I took a class with Mr. Batty last month and the last I've heard is that he's in process of finding a manufacturing facility to begin making his tools again. He suspected sometime in the third quarter of this year is when they would start. So for the time being I'm saving some cash!

Stuart saw this post and reached out with similar information:

“I ran across your message on the AAW forum about wanting to buy my SB tools. I'll be restarting my manufacturing later this year and can send include you in the email announcement at that time if you'd like. In the meantime, I'm forwarding some of the materials I've been sending to other woodturners to help with their journey”

Here they are 1@3/4", 3@ 5/8", and 1 at 1/2". Apologies for mediocre photo skills!

Attachments

• IMG_4512.jpeg
    IMG_4512.jpeg
    340 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_4511.jpeg
    IMG_4511.jpeg
    396.4 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_4512.jpeg
    IMG_4512.jpeg
    340 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_4510.jpeg
    IMG_4510.jpeg
    574.7 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_4511.jpeg
    IMG_4511.jpeg
    396.4 KB · Views: 46
Hey Stan, thanks for the pictures.
Obviously Aaron gets first pick but, I might be interested in the 1/2" gouge depending on what brand gouge it is, and what kind of steel it is. Do you know?

One of the 5/8" gouges appear to have HSS etched on the top of it but, I can't really tell. Any insight you can provide would be great!

Seth,

They are all labelled HSS, some say Sheffield and some say England. Other than the enormous 3/4" and the black one, I think these are all the ones Ashley Harwood was selling prior to this latest change.

Seth,

They are all labelled HSS, some say Sheffield and some say England. Other than the enormous 3/4" and the black one, I think these are all the ones Ashley Harwood was selling prior to this latest change.
Thanks Stan. I'm going to pass on those for now, although I appreciate you taking the effort to get these pictures!
Appreciate it!

I was able to pick up a significant quantity of handles, bolsters, and scrapers from Stuart’s old machinist in Boulder. Even included a SB Tools handled spatula or as he called it “Barry’s Patties Flipper”.

Also included platform parts and angle gauges. Once I get it home and inventoried, I’ll float what I don’t need on the classifieds.

Just got home. Managed to blow my knee out during this exercise, so not as mobile.

Looked through the pile of stuff and it doesn’t have the adapter. I’m sorry.

I’ll post a full inventory in a little bit.

Huge Update!

So, finally was able to lay it all out. Wow. There’s a lot. I’ll keep some of it, sell a lot of it. As I decide what to hang onto, I’ll push the rest to the classifieds.

Mark, there did end up being one UGS adapter in there, buried with the handles.

Anyone interested in handles, skews, or scrapers that may need a little work, hit me up. I’ll be making deals, just looking to break even.

SB Tool Inventory
Handles complete
24"
25"
30"
20"
20"
20" (missing end plug)
20"
16"
12"
43"
12" (missing end cap/plug)
Partial handles
36" stock
36" stock
38" stock
12" dust broom handle?
Complete-ish tools
.75" domed/straight scraper
1" domed/straight scraper
1" domed/straight scraper (glue and clean)
.5" beading/parting tool
.5" beading/parting tool
.25" beading/parting tool
.5" skewed NRS scraper
.5" NRS skewed scraper replacement blade
1.25" skew
1" skew
.75" skew
.75" skew (glue and clean)
.5" skew (glue and clean)
.75 skewed NRS scraper replacement blade
Vortex tool
Weird small bowl gouge
Angle gauge 1
Angle gauge 1
Angle gauge 2
Angle gauge 3
3x bench tighteners ($8 ea)
Incomplete tools
1" skewed NRS scraper (missing bolster)
1" skewed NRS scraper (missing lace and bolster)
1" domed/straight scraper (missing blade and bolster)
Sharpening station
Complete base (small 5x2.5" plate)
6.25x4.5" round plate (wide set holes)
7x5.25" square plate (wide set holes)
Oneway Wolverine adapter.
Base receiver

Attachments

• 5EBDF41F-0741-450A-801B-0B0FC6367A96.jpeg
    5EBDF41F-0741-450A-801B-0B0FC6367A96.jpeg
    625.2 KB · Views: 48
  • 1D0C6D16-28C1-4979-BB7C-0636E7D52A35.jpeg
    1D0C6D16-28C1-4979-BB7C-0636E7D52A35.jpeg
    502.8 KB · Views: 46
  • 9F43A598-0216-48D7-ABF2-4A1D0E034A1D.jpeg
    9F43A598-0216-48D7-ABF2-4A1D0E034A1D.jpeg
    425 KB · Views: 44
Just wondering...can one of the incomplete long handles (36/38") be cleanly cut in two, making say a 24" and a 12"? Then maybe put a Robust collet system in the end? If you think this would work...how much do you want for one of those shipped to TN?

Just wondering...can one of the incomplete long handles (36/38") be cleanly cut in two, making say a 24" and a 12"? Then maybe put a Robust collet system in the end? If you think this would work...how much do you want for one of those shipped to TN?
I've never cut carbon fiber before, but I can measure the internal diameter for you. Do you know the space requirements for the Robust collet? I checked their site but couldn't figure out which measurement would be the internal part.

That is interesting...was just at the AAW symposium in Chattanooga and borrowed a plain shaft from Ashley Harwood's booth, took it over to Robust's booth and tried it. Her shaft's ID was 1.25 so no fit, but the shaft had very thin walls which surprised me. Will try to get back down to the shop today and take another look...by the way, any idea of shipping cost and how much you want for a shaft?

Back