• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Keven Jesequel for "Big Leaf Maple" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 15, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

WTB - Metal Spinning Tools

I have a big roll of copper sheet and want to give metal spinning a try. I see some tools on eBay I can get, but having a hard time finding a tool rest.

This is one of those things that would be good to have in a local club as part of a tool library that people can try new tools and techniques before investing fully. I have tried to encourage this practice in our local club with small success. I got to try the Oneway coring system that way while I had a McNaughton.

Angelo

President Emeritus
Website
www.majicbrand.com
Here are the tools i have. Parting tool and a combination spinning tool. It needs polishing before using
In the box is a dolly, 10 or so aluminum disks two tail stock pieces for clamping
I have a Oneway spinning rest and dvd’s I’ll get photos tomorrow

0F036C08-BDDD-4F9B-9FB7-EAED1C4FA70C.jpeg

PS in the aluminum container is wax/oil for spinning

Angelo

President Emeritus
Website
www.majicbrand.com
Yes the tool post is 1”dia

EFF7BE05-CB5E-4DEE-AF34-7C7FEF2D1FC4.jpeg

How about $250 incl shipping?
BTW Terry Tynan is the fellow that made the tools worked with Oneway to design the rest and teach me how. If you haven’t taken any lessons google Terry if ur lucky he’s still teaching. BTW copper work hardens and needs to be tempered. Temper opposite of what u do for steel. Terry can show u

I am good with $250.

I have been in contact with James Thurman, he has been doing videos and teaches in Texas. Apparently Terry has moved back to the UK.

This should be a fun, new adventure.

Angelo

President Emeritus
Website
www.majicbrand.com
Attached are the tracking numbers. Will get to the post office tomorrow. Boy, I took a beating on the postage!

Attachments

• Select labels from the table below by checking the corresponding checkbox.pdf
    36.5 KB · Views: 6
Back