• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Paul May for "Checkerboard (ver 3.0)" being selected as Turning of the Week for March 25, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

WTB Vicmarc VOD

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are the chances that someone has a Vicmarc VOD for turning oval bowls they are would be willing to sell? I saw Dale Larson demo his for our club meeting in July and immediately was interested. When I looked up the cost, I was a lot less interested. I think a lot of people would want a bigger bowl if it was oval shaped and actually fit on a shelf or long table. I recently got a few commissions that have me thinking about the investment again. Notice how I used "investment" instead of "cost", that is the sign of someone trying to talk them self and/or their spouse into something stupid. ;)

Woodworker’s Emporium was the only company in the US that I could find that was selling these and the are out of stock. When I called to ask if the are getting more, I found out that are closing down the store. That was sad to hear. It is looking like getting a hold on one of these is not going to be easy.

Wonder if anyone will be picking up the distributorship for Vicmarc stuff in the U.S. once the Woodworker’s Emporium closes up shop?

I reached out to them to ask about Vicmarc distribution and they confirmed they are shutting down the physical store, but will continue with an online presence:

"Yes we are closing our physical store but we are still offering SB Tools and Vicmarc online. And for awhile we will be selling some of our old stock online as well."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back