Jeff Myroup

Creation of Adam

My friend Bob Bergstrom brought this shallow bowl/ plate over to my house and told me to have at it. When I first saw it, It reminded me of a church collection plate. I chose to burn the Michelangelo's "Creation of Adam". Bob and I decided to donate it to the Turn-On Chicago auction this August. The plate is 14" maple. Image is Pyrography, and the finish is lacquer. All C&C welcome

Creation of Adam
Jeff Myroup, Jun 9, 2012
Fadi Zeidan likes this.
    • gary rock
      Jeff-

WOW!

Gary
    • Hal Taylor
      That is fantastic. It's amazing what some people can do with pyrography, and Jeff you are truly amazing.
    • Jeff Myroup
      Thanks Gary.

Thanks Hal. I am still working at it, and getting better. I have some friends on FB that are truly incredible pyrographers.
    • odie
      You definitely took on a subject that not many would even think of trying to re-create......and, did a good job of it!

Did you project the image onto the plate......or was it done completely by free-hand drawing?

ooc
    • Jeff Myroup
      Thanks Odie. I make a pattern out of a printed image and trace it on the plate. The image tends to be distorted from the printer, so I have go back in and free-hand the details. I use the computer for that part and zoom in on the areas I need to correct. Once that is done, I start the burning. I have to erase the lines though before I burn or they will show through the burning. I also render the image in Sepia tones to aid in getting the tonal values of the burn correct. I used to trace the whole image but found it was better if I just did an outline and fill in the rest by hand.
    • Bernie Bober
      Nicely done.
    • KurtB
      Wonderful collaboration!

Turning of the Week, 06/11/12
      AAW Home Page Photo
    • Jeff Myroup
      Thank you Bernie

Thank you for the honor Kurt. Bob and I could not be more thrilled!
    • Dean Center
      Jeff,

That's terrific. However, you only get 109 points out of 100; 1 point off for not doing it lying on your back. :)
    • Jeff Myroup
      Thanks Dean. I was going to lay on the floor and do it, but the dogs kept stepping on me ;)
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Member Galleries
    Uploaded By:
    Jeff Myroup
    Date:
    Jun 9, 2012
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    284.9 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1853px
    Height:
    1920px
    Aperture:
    f/3.5
    Make:
    Canon
    Model:
    Canon EOS REBEL T3i
    Date / Time:
    2012:06:08 03:57:02
    Exposure Time:
    1/30 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 200
    Focal Length:
    18 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).