1. Join the Go-To Source for Woodturners!

Please read the new sticky announcement here for full details.

Dismiss Notice
Terry Scott

Pushing the boudaries

Pushing the boundaries Blue gum burl 770 mm

Pushing the boudaries
Terry Scott, Feb 27, 2010
    • alexc
      very cool, I think I can understand the middle bowl but the smallest one would be insane... care to explain?
    • Terry Scott
      I have tried to add a picture of how I went about this but my limit to how many photos I can post is full can anyone please tell me how to delete some so I can continue
    • Don Leydens
      Looking forward to reading the explanation on this one! Gave me an idea though.
      Don L.
    • Lou Carbone
      Three bowl sections?? Wow that is fantastic.
    • Hal Taylor
      I cannot imagine the weight of that thing swinging around to get the smallest bowl. It's a beautiful piece. I assume blue gum burl is from NZ. It sure is pretty.
    • alexc
      AHHH, i keep coming back to this picture hoping you'd have it up. Wish I could help, no idea how to delete pictures.
    • Terry Scott
      I think this was a fluke finding this tree a long story ,blue gum is an Australian import I have only ever seen one other tree with a burl on it
      When i cut it up (i shared with memebers of our club ) as it appeared to be punky and of no value we wasted more than we took and I estimate 8 tonnes was loaded between twenty of us
      If Only I had known
    • Ron Wehde
      Great looking piece Terry. Very nice.
    • odie
      Very nice, interesting.....

Were all three interior "bowls" done on a lathe?

ooc
    • odie
      update:

Yes, Terry did all three bowls on a lathe. He forwarded me a pic of the set-up he used.....amazing!

ooc
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Member Galleries
    Uploaded By:
    Terry Scott
    Date:
    Feb 27, 2010
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    59.7 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    680px
    Height:
    453px
    Aperture:
    f/2.8
    Make:
    SONY
    Model:
    DSC-W80
    Date / Time:
    2010:02:27 15:16:24
    Exposure Time:
    10/400 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 125
    Focal Length:
    5.8 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).