Terry Scott

Pushing the boudaries

Pushing the boundaries Blue gum burl 770 mm

Pushing the boudaries
Terry Scott, Feb 27, 2010
    • alexc
      very cool, I think I can understand the middle bowl but the smallest one would be insane... care to explain?
    • Terry Scott
      I have tried to add a picture of how I went about this but my limit to how many photos I can post is full can anyone please tell me how to delete some so I can continue
    • Don Leydens
      Looking forward to reading the explanation on this one! Gave me an idea though.
      Don L.
    • Lou Carbone
      Three bowl sections?? Wow that is fantastic.
    • Hal Taylor
      I cannot imagine the weight of that thing swinging around to get the smallest bowl. It's a beautiful piece. I assume blue gum burl is from NZ. It sure is pretty.
    • alexc
      AHHH, i keep coming back to this picture hoping you'd have it up. Wish I could help, no idea how to delete pictures.
    • Terry Scott
      I think this was a fluke finding this tree a long story ,blue gum is an Australian import I have only ever seen one other tree with a burl on it
      When i cut it up (i shared with memebers of our club ) as it appeared to be punky and of no value we wasted more than we took and I estimate 8 tonnes was loaded between twenty of us
      If Only I had known
    • Ron Wehde
      Great looking piece Terry. Very nice.
    • odie
      Very nice, interesting.....

Were all three interior "bowls" done on a lathe?

ooc
    • odie
      update:

Yes, Terry did all three bowls on a lathe. He forwarded me a pic of the set-up he used.....amazing!

ooc
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Member Galleries
    Uploaded By:
    Terry Scott
    Date:
    Feb 27, 2010
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    59.7 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    680px
    Height:
    453px
    Aperture:
    f/2.8
    Make:
    SONY
    Model:
    DSC-W80
    Date / Time:
    2010:02:27 15:16:24
    Exposure Time:
    10/400 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 125
    Focal Length:
    5.8 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).