William Rogers

Wishing Well Christmas Ornament

Wishing well Christmas ornament a little different. Just noticed I didn't get the eyelet completely flush. About 2" diameter and 4" tall. Maple dyed.

Wishing Well Christmas Ornament
William Rogers, Oct 31, 2017
    • hockenbery
      This is terrific.

A nit - the tilting brass cap on the hanger is off putting to me as it grabs too much of my attention. I think you can press it back in place.

Like the details
    • William Rogers
      @hockenbery yes I can fix, just didn't screw it in far enough, didn't notice until I posted
      odie likes this.
    • John Torchick
      Screw it in after adding a tiny drop of CA glue. That is a very nice ornament! I'm intrigued by the time it took to cut the lines for the top and the well. OK, how did you do it?
    • William Rogers
      @John Torchick thanks John, wasn't too hard and really didn't take too long. The radial lines I used a wire burner on the lathe for the top and bottom. Too keep spacing I used a pointed divider. I then used my wood burner for the vertices lines. Top free hand, the bottom I pencil marked to make brick widths somewhat equal then burned the vertical lines. Drilling the post holes I used the OneWay drill wizard I bought at the symposium. First did the bottom using dividers to scribe center a line. Leaving the dividers set did the same for the roof. I leave the top somewhat slightly rough sanded for a different look. I've made several of these with different variations on the base and top. The wreath is from HL. I round the back on my oscillating sander before gluing on.
    • John Torchick
      Thanks, and again my complements
    There are no comments to display.
  • Album:
    Member Galleries
    Uploaded By:
    William Rogers
    Date:
    Oct 31, 2017
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    1.3 MB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    4032px
    Height:
    3024px
    Aperture:
    f/2.2
    Make:
    Apple
    Model:
    iPhone 6s Plus
    Date / Time:
    2017:10:23 15:07:14
    Exposure Time:
    1/15 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 32
    Focal Length:
    4.15 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).