• We just finished moving the forums to a new hosting server. It looks like everything is functioning correctly but if you find a problem please report it in the Forum Technical Support Forum (click here) or email us at forum_moderator AT aawforum.org. Thanks!
  • Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Dave Roberts for "2 Hats" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 22, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

airbrushed

1. Leapit

Leapit

"Leapit" Turned from Pear, and airbrushed. A Candian said l should have painted it red, never gave it a thought until he mentioned it.
  2. It Satisfied My Soul No. 32 Exterior View

It Satisfied My Soul No. 32 Exterior View

Soul Series #32. 14" diameter shallow maple bowl with carved rim and signature leaf pattern, interior and exterior. Bold and bright colors of the coming spring applied with an airbrush.
  3. It Satisfied My Soul No. 32.

It Satisfied My Soul No. 32.

Soul Series #32. 14" diameter shallow maple bowl with carved rim and signature leaf pattern, interior and exterior. Bold and bright colors of the coming spring applied with an airbrush.
  4. Red Poppy Flowers

Red Poppy Flowers

13-inch Maple Platter. The piece was airbrushed with transparent acrylic paint.
  5. Red Poppy

Red Poppy

6. Purple Flora

Purple Flora

7. Anthesis

Anthesis

12.5 inch maple platter with acrylic paint. I had a hard time thinking of a title for this platter. I finally came up with a title that I like. Anthesis is the period during which a flower is fully open and functional.
  8. Sunrise Over Yew

Sunrise Over Yew

Yew (Domestic - very local; from neighbor's yard), vintage German glass button Dimensions: 5.375"w x 4.75"h 1/16" wall thickness Natural edge thin-walled vessel with pierced sapwood border. Hand sanded, airbrushed, about 10 coats of lacquer. Vintage German glass button...
  9. Tall Flower Petals

Tall Flower Petals

I was lucky to have one of my Petal series critiqued at SWAT last year by three really great artists and one of the comments was that they wondered what it would look like larger and taller besides being more delicate. Well I decided to try one and am liking the added height and size, how about...
Back