• We just finished moving the forums to a new hosting server. It looks like everything is functioning correctly but if you find a problem please report it in the Forum Technical Support Forum (click here) or email us at forum_moderator AT aawforum.org. Thanks!
  • Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Dave Roberts for "2 Hats" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 22, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

ball

1. Twenty Magic Ball Boxes

Twenty Magic Ball Boxes

As some know, most of the turning I've done in the past was for magicians. Here are the last pieces I've made for this purpose.
  2. Maple ball with turquoise accent

Maple ball with turquoise accent

2" maple ball with walnut support ring
  3. "Comet"

"Comet"

Box Elder 10" dome and 3 1/2 tenticles Photo: Barb Muniak Funnest piece I have ever done Great piece of wood from my friend Ron. Lesson learned from my friend Larry (bleach Box elder it whitens the white and reddens the red). The tenticles where first turned to a 7/8 diam wit a 3/8 post...
  4. Saturn

Saturn

Walnut Mullberry Sphere Photo: Arlan Heiser
  5. Arrowhead

Arrowhead

24" x 12" x 3" and 4" sphere Photo Arlan Heiser
  6. Amish Bowl

Amish Bowl

20" x 12" x 3" and 5" sphere some kind of oak...Great story getting the oak which I now have a lot of...Had to climb a severe slope to get to it...The deer evidently would mark this tree with their urine creating awfull smelling sawdust..Completely destroyed the...
  7. Healthy/Ill Detail

Healthy/Ill Detail

Detail shot
  8. Healthy/Ill

Healthy/Ill

Turned and carved poplar that was then air brushed with a variety of acrylics and inks resting on a turned stand.
  9. Healthy/Ill

Healthy/Ill

Turned and carved poplar that was then air brushed with a variety of acrylics and inks resting on a turned stand.
  10. Candlestick

Candlestick

Turned from various kiln dried and green woods then air brushed with inks
  11. Spheres

Spheres

Various woods, largest 5.5 diameter, smallest 1 diameter. Spheres are always good practice and almost any piece of wood can be used.
  12. turned Polo Balls

turned Polo Balls

Hollowed from solid plastic polo balls.
  13. SOCCER BALL ON STAR

SOCCER BALL ON STAR

Ball is hollow. Wallnut and maple. Star is 12 pointed made of boxelder.
Back