• We just finished moving the forums to a new hosting server. It looks like everything is functioning correctly but if you find a problem please report it in the Forum Technical Support Forum (click here) or email us at forum_moderator AT aawforum.org. Thanks!
  • Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Dave Roberts for "2 Hats" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 22, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.
3rd Hollow form using Trent's system
Breck Whitworth

3rd Hollow form using Trent's system

This one is a 9-1/2" spalted sweet gum hollow form. I am a rookie at these, but you know it is so much fun doing something new. I love my new 3/4" stabilizer and visualizer system I got from Trent. So much easier to use than my old monster system. Of course I only made two hollow forms using it so I guess this is my 5th. I was saving my monster system for the future but didn't really take to it the two times I used it because of the vibration and chatter and it was a 3/4" system also. No comparison at all really Trent's system is better built and a great deal more stable.Anyway thanks for all the help from you guys who gave me great advice on the forum. This piece was shot right after sealing it so it is wet and without a final finish.
Never had a piece of Sweet Gum to work with, but what you've done is pretty neat. Shape is perfect, finish looks great and it seems to please you; what else do we need?

I'd be interested in a link to whom ever you got your system from. I too have a monster that does a poor job at best. I'll be going to the Raleigh symposium and suspect Carter will be there at the least. So I'd like to see the one you have.

Thanks,
Jerry

@Jerry Mask I must emphasize that Trent's visualizer is incredible and it works exactly as easy as the short video shows. Go to his web. site and watch it. I bought the stabilizer also. His tools are great also, but it is possible to use a few of the monster tools with his system I was told, I haven't tried that yet.
https://trentboschtools.com/product/trent-bosch-visualizer/

Media information

Category
Member Galleries
Added by
Breck Whitworth
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata