• We just finished moving the forums to a new hosting server. It looks like everything is functioning correctly but if you find a problem please report it in the Forum Technical Support Forum (click here) or email us at forum_moderator AT aawforum.org. Thanks!
  • Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Peter Jacobson for "Red Winged Burl Bowl" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 29, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.
Acanto Metamorphic
Richard Kennedy

Acanto Metamorphic

Finished it a
few days ago but lost
part of my tripod so
couldn't photograph it
until now! Made from
Chestnut and about
10 inches across
(250mm) This piece
can be displayed in its
three carved feet or at
an angle (see other
pics) I made a similar
piece a little while ago
but this one is much
finer in section which I
think works better. As
mentioned I have no
title for this piece yet
but I do think this has
the makings for
development. The
pyrography took an
age as having
seemingly finished the
outside I did the
inside only to compare
the two and realise
the necessity of doing
the outside again as it
was not as uniform as
the inside!
This piece is full of drama. Invokes serious emotions. Welll done and photographed very nicely. Sweet or Horse Chestnut? Love to get some on my lathe. Thanks for posting.

cg

Wonderful work Richard which we have come to enjoy. I am drawn to the separation you created which gives the piece real zing.

Media information

Category
Member Galleries
Added by
Richard Kennedy
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Filename