• We just finished moving the forums to a new hosting server. It looks like everything is functioning correctly but if you find a problem please report it in the Forum Technical Support Forum (click here) or email us at forum_moderator AT aawforum.org. Thanks!
  • Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Dave Roberts for "2 Hats" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 22, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.
Birthday vase(s), table and lidded bowl
Mark Hepburn

Birthday vase(s), table and lidded bowl

Made these for my infinitely better half's birthday yesterday. The image at right is of her "whimsy room". She's been wanting a coffee table of some sort to go with a mid-century sofa. So I made the table of birch ply, colored with CSUSA Artisan dyes and finished with poly.

The vase set is of ash, also dyed, and glued to the small platter, which is dyed mahogany. The table legs are turned from ash also.
I love the tall vases in the foreground. The circular platform that unites them is the coup de grâce.

I also love the vase in the right hand picture, but it is such a tiny part of the overall image that I went to Photoshop to zoom in for a better view.showing it "in situ" works, but I think that a tighter crop would work better without sacrificing context.

Cleaver way to sneak in sneak in some of your flat work.

P.s., Did you turn the two big hollowforms sitting on the floor? :D :D

Hi Bill. Thanks! Yes, my flat work is in there on the premise that I turned the legs :)

The vase is my favorite part (and Diane's also).

Yes, the hollow forms are soft, segmented pieces :D

Media information

Category
Member Galleries
Added by
Mark Hepburn
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings

Image metadata