• We just finished moving the forums to a new hosting server. It looks like everything is functioning correctly but if you find a problem please report it in the Forum Technical Support Forum (click here) or email us at forum_moderator AT aawforum.org. Thanks!
  • Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Peter Jacobson for "Red Winged Burl Bowl" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 29, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.
Carved Camphor Vessel
-e-

Carved Camphor Vessel

• -e-
-e-, I always look forward to your photo posts. I love the style of your piercing. The shape of the holes is different than most I have seen. Nice flowing curve, and nice thickness for a pierced piece. Well done. Please don't make me wait so long for the next one. ;-)

-e-, I love to see people's pierced work and this piece is no exception. Very lovely, delicate and airy. I am amazed at what the skilled can do.

very nice

-e-

When this one came up on the page, I thought you had a lacewood bowl. So I clicked on it to see the larger image. Nope, a wonderful piercing. Did this piercing shape come from something you've seen in nature or somewhere else?

John

thanks stnick --
yes, the inspiration is lace -- i remember as a child studying the intracacy of the patterns of the lace of my grandmother's tablecloth, moving the lace around the table to get the different patterns.

Media information

Category
Member Galleries
Added by
-e-
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Filename