• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Peter Jacobson for "Red Winged Burl Bowl" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 29, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.
Cork Oak
S. Clark

Cork Oak

Cork Oak, approx. 7"d x 6"t
This is a fun wood to work with; quite unique bark. If you ever get a chance to get your hands on some, give it a try.
That's a real beauty. I like the shape and the wood is quite pretty. Excellent work. The background color used for this photo is influencing the color of the wood. Try a neutral background. (gray, black, white graduated black to white) You may like the results.

Thanks all! Ed - yes, I'd like to try some different backgrounds. I've read here about the graduated ones and am interested in trying that. This background is actully just black craft paper but the digital camera picks it up as blue sometimes. I've tried white and some shades of gray but wasn't happy with any of those. A lot depends on the colors of the piece placed on it. I've got to work it out. It's just that I'd rather spend my time turning instead of photographing.

It may be as simple as changing the white balance on your camers. If you are using natural light in the shade, white balance should be set for shade. Tungsten/Halogen, white balance set for that, etc.

Thanks for the tip. I'll check that. I'm using natural light and I haven't changed any settings on the camera.

Media information

Category
Member Galleries
Added by
S. Clark
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Device