• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Peter Jacobson for "Red Winged Burl Bowl" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 29, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.
Curves Of Delicacy
michael alguire

Curves Of Delicacy

"Curves Of Delicacy"
I wanted to take my series to a whole new level and push the boundaries. Since I've started my wheels I always wanted to do a wheel with out the sqaure edges and keep it round similar to a donut or a torus. I was finally able to achieve the donut but again took it a step further . While turning the donut I thought of when I use to bend a link on a chain to remove from the links and the link you remove would be tweeked. So I went for it
This one was much more involved than my other wheels but was so worth it in the end.
Sapele is the wood choice
Turned, pierced, wood burned, and colored
Several different ways to measure this piece but the best way is too Fit it in a cube.
9"x9" cube

Media information

Category
Member Galleries
Added by
michael alguire
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings

Image metadata