• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Peter Jacobson for "Red Winged Burl Bowl" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 29, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.
Dill-DeGroot Swamp bugs
Ronald Campbell

Dill-DeGroot Swamp bugs

Living in a wooded area of 40 acres I get many visitors to my shop. Deer, turkey, possum, and many bugs. I also have a 5 ft Blue Racer that comes into the shop looking for mice. Beautiful snake with bright blue skin. I was fortunate to be able to catch this bug that you see here. This is a 5 inch long and 4 inch high female bug. Looking it up on google it has a common name of Dilldegroot.

Ok now that you understand where it came from it was made from green maple. Turned using Barbara Dills multi-axis turning and the legs were added similar to Rebecca DeGroots work.

Media information

Category
Member Galleries
Added by
Ronald Campbell
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings

Image metadata

Device