• We just finished moving the forums to a new hosting server. It looks like everything is functioning correctly but if you find a problem please report it in the Forum Technical Support Forum (click here) or email us at forum_moderator AT aawforum.org. Thanks!
  • Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Peter Jacobson for "Red Winged Burl Bowl" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 29, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.
Free form sculpture
M

Free form sculpture

This form is turned carved and finished in renaissance wax. It stands around 250mm high x 250mm wide and is made of oak with an acrylic sphere. the base is ebonised oak.

Comments welcome
nice oak, i like your form

I have never seen a bad piece of yours Mark and this is excellent like all the others. I don't know where all of your ideas come from. Penny always worries if I come up with new ideas!

Yes always great Mark and I am really looking forward to seeing your new DVD when it is out.

Regards
Paul

HI all

Thank you very much for your replies.

Charlie

Thank you

LPS

Thank you. The oak was given to me but had the ends sealed when I received it so I believe it was air dried/or kiln as it came from some one in the building industry. But other than that I can not help I am afraid.

George

Thank you very much.

Paul,

Thank you. For ideas I just sit and sketch in an idea book that I keep.

I always sketch in biro so that I can not rub them out as I have found some of the early drawings can then be developed at a later date when I go back to look at them.

Thank you again to you all for the comment.

Mark...I love your body of work. It is so unusual. Love the abstract and the colors and textures you use. This piece especially caught my eye. I love using spheres in my work also. It gives the piece a life force.Keep up the great work....Ray

Media information

Category
Member Galleries
Added by
Mark Sanger
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Device