• We just finished moving the forums to a new hosting server. It looks like everything is functioning correctly but if you find a problem please report it in the Forum Technical Support Forum (click here) or email us at forum_moderator AT aawforum.org. Thanks!
  • Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Peter Jacobson for "Red Winged Burl Bowl" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 29, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.
Heart Bowl
William Rogers

Heart Bowl

Some turnings have a story. Here is my story. September 2020 I had open heart surgery and all went well. On December,ber 1, 2020 while in rehab at the hospital I was on the treadmill “pushing” myself and then was basically “gone”, no pulse. After two rounds of CPR I was revived with about 30 medical professionals all around me. Right place right time. So every December 1 thereafter I have been taken something for the staff and something for my CPR nurse. I stop by when I am there for normal checkups and noticed they had this PLASTIC candy bowl. Hmm I felt they needed a wood bowl.
Bowl is maple 11 1/2” diameter, 3 1/2” tall. I will take candy to fill it for them.

@Vincent Vogel Thanks Vincent, they actually look forward to seeing me as I to seeing them on December 1.
@David Bartell Thanks David, I am thankful to them every day.
@Gene Pitstick The pain after the CPR was worse than the open heart surgery, once is enough

Great story and I'm glad you were saved indeed! Nice bowl as well.
Suggestion - bring Fruit rather than candy - doesn't have the cardiac complications - Just say'n. LOL

Just to follow up, they were appreciated of the bowl and my CPR nurse liked her pen. They liked that the card they signed was incorporated in the heart in the bowl. It went well and I am grateful to the entire team. Not what I can come up with next year.

Media information

Category
Member Galleries
Added by
William Rogers
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Aperture