• We just finished moving the forums to a new hosting server. It looks like everything is functioning correctly but if you find a problem please report it in the Forum Technical Support Forum (click here) or email us at forum_moderator AT aawforum.org. Thanks!
  • Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Dave Roberts for "2 Hats" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 22, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.
lenticulod HF,  asymmetrical biconvex (far away from home)
Lionel Mercier

lenticulod HF, asymmetrical biconvex (far away from home)

...no...far away from focus, I'm joking about the french term "foyer"...

Leader is the wood of spalted beech
I tried to do justice as best to the mushroom's figuration
I don't know about you, but in the position I present the picture, I see the island with mysterious Cyclop's cave open flush with the shore,
and coming from behind the veil of Ulysses' ship ... whole future history !
Comments welcome
Ulysses, the first modern man who used intelligence more than shear strenght or power, the man who wanted to be a man rather than an hero, but that has been forgotten by the contemporary men. Certainly he is there, tied to the must while his men are bringing him to safety with wax in their ears. I see him, the first modern man who did not want to be a hero.

Lionel-

I also see a boat/ship in a vast ocean sailing to an unknown place. Again an beautiful piece.

Gary

Lionel, i like your vision and the story behind and a lot of your past works, i'm as well think you did a great justice to the wood that was going through your hands, i have one question:did you paint black the inside?

Buonasera Paolo,
No, I didn't, that's just the darkness.

Hi Sergio,
You love the Ulysse's story I see. What you're reporting is the sirens island...hmmm perhaps you're right...yes,now I hear them...I'm hearing...I'm coming, unfortunate man I come :(

Thanks all for the comments

Media information

Category
Member Galleries
Added by
Lionel Mercier
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata