• We just finished moving the forums to a new hosting server. It looks like everything is functioning correctly but if you find a problem please report it in the Forum Technical Support Forum (click here) or email us at forum_moderator AT aawforum.org. Thanks!
  • Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Dave Roberts for "2 Hats" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 22, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.
Lidded Bowl
Walt Wager

Lidded Bowl

This was turned from a tupelo burl, pierced redwood burl collar, and a color-matched unk wood finial.
Reactions: Clyde White
Walt - This is an outstanding piece with good flow and design. The pierced collar around the rim is as well an outstanding element. I was wondering though about the finial and my brain started working overtime. What if you could mirror the vessel in the lower part of the finial? What would that look like? Just a thought. Great piece as is Walt.

Beautiful piece Walt. It looks like marble. The color of the collar and finial really compliments the colors in the vessel.

Well doesn't this package all go together fabulously, it looks like anything other than timber Walt, great job.
Pete

Media information

Category
Member Galleries
Added by
Walt Wager
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata