• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Peter Jacobson for "Red Winged Burl Bowl" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 29, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.
Milo Calabash
Rob Price

Milo Calabash

Some of you may have known David Chung- I was lucky enough to meet him during a family vacation in Hawaii where we met and he shared some local woods with me. Moving forward we swapped a few blanks back and forth and he was kind enough to offer encouragement and feedback and tips as I was trying to learn the calabash form. He sent me this piece of milo last year, and I roughed it out and sent him a picture of it. He gave it his approval which made my day. He died unexpectedly a few days later. This will always be one of my most cherished pieces in my collection.

Sanded to 1200. One coat of Waterlox applied heavily, allowed to soak, wiped off and buffed after a week of drying.

Media information

Category
Member Galleries
Added by
Rob Price
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
5.00 star(s) 2 ratings

Image metadata

Device