• We just finished moving the forums to a new hosting server. It looks like everything is functioning correctly but if you find a problem please report it in the Forum Technical Support Forum (click here) or email us at forum_moderator AT aawforum.org. Thanks!
  • Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Dave Roberts for "2 Hats" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 22, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.
Mulberry Lace
Truffuls

Mulberry Lace

Started as a demo for my woodworkers club round robin night. Piece is 4.5"h, 4.5"w. Wall thickness is 1/16" or less. Natural edge. Pierced sapwood border.
Higher quality/more photos are available on my website in the gallery.
Your work has really taken off. Keep up trying new technics as it pays off with this work. I especially like the pith area as it adds a more natural look to the piece.

Very Nice indeed
Which tool did you use? for the piercing. As william says your going places great work Take care from jeff

Hi Jeff, thanks for the comment.
I used the Powercrafter for this, but I am learning that Binh Pho was right, it can't seem to keep up with me. These are quite delicate tools. I'm doing another mulberry vessel with both carving and piercing; the Powercrafter is gagging on it. Binh uses the NSK. I wish it was a bit easier to get hold of. I'm afraid this may croak on me before long.

Very nice flow to the piece!

Very nice flow .The contrast between the grain and the pieceing works great
Keep them coming
Cheers Terry

Media information

Category
Member Galleries
Added by
Truffuls
Date added
View count
Comment count