• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Peter Jacobson for "Red Winged Burl Bowl" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 29, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.
No finer man than Bernie
A

No finer man than Bernie

This piece of Desert Ironwood was a gift to me from South Shore Woodturner Bernie Feinerman. It was turned in 2008 and will be included in the Lancaster Area Woodturners show at the Amtrak Station here in PA. I'm not sure how the texture was made (by fire or weather) but I sure wanted to keep as much as possible in the finished piece. The underside of the square was turned on several different centers to reduce the thickness and weight there. Bernie passed in 2019. He joins my friends, Wally Kemp, Sidney Katz, Emilio Iannnuccillo, Frank Iafrate and Hank Cahill in the great turning "Dust Bowl".

Media information

Category
Member Galleries
Added by
Angelo
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Filename