• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Peter Jacobson for "Red Winged Burl Bowl" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 29, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.
Out of balance
Terry Scott

Out of balance

In the same series as my Rosewood waves but 3 times as big .A progress photo ,so far 740 screws have been screwed in and out 35 bowls have since been turned with 6 pieces of sandpaper each .I was a bit dia pointed as I could have gone one more row
See my new Web site at www.timberly.co.nz Id appreciate any comments at timberly@xtra.co.nz
Thanks again to Michael Werner who's demo I sat in at Utah .He has opened new doors to my creativity .
This piece will be hung in a frame
watch this space Ill post it when finished
Seems that you have been busy since the last picture I saw of this, only 2 bowls were done then.
I like it, can't wait to see the finished piece.
Mike

The work is finished ,I just have to make a frame and get a photo
so you wont have to wait long

No that is a new face plate ,I make up a new one for each project .Or else you have to much trouble finding a space to screw onto that hasn't a hole .
I don't think you'd like to be in my head to long all sorts of nasty things maybe hidden there
Melissa ,you obviously enjoy your turning bight the billet and get the best lathe you can .It will pay back dividends ten fold . The pain will diminish after a while .
Cheers

Media information

Category
Member Galleries
Added by
Terry Scott
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata