• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Peter Jacobson for "Red Winged Burl Bowl" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 29, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.
Pierced purpleheart double winged tower.
J

Pierced purpleheart double winged tower.

This is 22 inches high . The wings are purpleheart and 11+1/4 inches across. Top wings are4+1/2 wide, bottom ones 2+1/2. Brown mallee burl pear shapes in the blackwood stand and finial The top one is both smaller in diameter and length as the bottom one. The base of the stand has a polished stainless steel ring to add a little weight rather than going for a larger diameter on the base itself. Between the bowls forming the cage is a circle of pierced ebony , this is a center piece and support for the top half of the tower. If you look carefully you can see the plexiglass shaft from top to bottom in the center of the cage. The thickness of the wings is not more than 3/32" all over.
Comments welcome.
Best regards from Jeff
A most delicate, beautiful creation!

POD 10-19-09
AAW Home Page Photo Of the Day

Hello Kurt
Many thanks and appreciation for the cover today thats a great honour for me. I'm so glad you like it
Very best regards from Jeff.

Hi Jerry
Thanks so much for referring to 2 elite's as Bihn P and David E
Very glad you see my piece in such a way thats great
All the best from Jeff

Media information

Category
Member Galleries
Added by
Jeff Greenwood
Date added
View count